Solemnization came and went, I am now my best friend's lawful wife :) YAY!

A BIG thank you to those who made the day possible and exceptionally memorable.

While we're still awaiting photos from feldberyl and video from alvin&adeline, here's a collection of photos, some posted on facebk by friends who were there to share the joy.



Our room :) See the reflection?



Here's the view from the room. Everything that day was executed to planned precision. Unfortunately we cant plan for blue-sky great weather. But on the happy note, it was rather windy :)

Quanyao is the MAN who is overall in charge. Kahhua's my 姐妹。Love the tiffany blue theme :)



Celebratory cake from Mosin. They're kinda cute. While the make-up artist was at work, they sent surprises in batches. Pot of roses, champagne, strawberries and this cake.



Make up done. First time having my hair curled.



Love the bouquet chosen by the husband :)

Getting ready and waiting for the cue to go to the cabana.

Easles set up by the friends :)

My dad with tiffany blue tie ♥.


Wei Xiang saying his vow :) The vow which he started to put together months ago! Interestingly, while we didnt discuss about the details of our vows, there were striking similarities.

My Vow
Dear Wei Xiang, thank you for always being there for me.  Thank you for being my constant and every supportive best friend and companion.  On this special day, in the presence of our families and friends, i take you to be my lawfully wedded husband.  I offer you my solemn vow that i will love you unconditionally.   I will love you in good times and in bad, in health and in sickness, in joy as well as in sorrow.  Our love will grow each day as we grow old together.  We will travel to more places, watch countless more sunrises and sunsets and take more beautiful photos together.  This ring represents my love and faithfulness as i place it on your finger, i commit my heart and soul to you.

Weixiang's Vow
Dear Ivy, when I met you almost 7 years ago, I had never thought that we would be here right now, holding each other's arms and looking into each other's eyes. Since then, we have been on many amazing journeys - journeys to places, and journeys in life. We conquered the highest peak in Africa, witnessed the glorious wildlife in the Serengeti and drove more than 8000km across breathtaking lanscapes in New Zealand. We made it through Med School and survived Housemanship. And yet, from this day on, another new journey begins for us. From this day on, I shall live with you and laugh with you, stand by your side and sleep in your arms. I shall be joy to your heart, and mirror for your soul, striving to bring out the best in you always, and for you, to be the most that I can. From this day on, I promise to laugh with you in good times, and struggle with you in bad times. I promise to wipe away your tears with my hands, and wash away your fears with my embrace. Your burdens and your pain, as well as your joys and your laughter, are all mine to share. From this day on, I promise to see even more wonders of the world with you, and holding each other's hands, chase countless sunrises and sunsets, until we grow old and wrinkly. Let it be known, that by my own freewill and choice, without fear or hesitation, I chose you today, over every other person in the world, to be my best friend, my soulmate – my wife.

Throwing the bouquet I heart :))

Friends who weaved the memory so beautifully.


The 姐妹s. From left: Wen Phei, Wanzhen, kahhua. Wen Phei was an outstanding arts&decor director. Even my parents noticed :)

Post dinner. I was playing with my bracelet.



My 姐妹s who have seen me through med school.

Once again friends, thanks for the photos and well wishes :) I'm looking fwd to the actual day wedding!


4 Responses so far.

  1. Jamie says:

    Hi Ivy, would like to thank you so much on your post about ROM venues! Really helped me a lot in looking for the right location! I'm eying Fullerton bay and mandarin oriental now thanks to you! Any tips to share? :p

  2. efeu says:

    Hi Jamie :) Congrats on your upcoming big day! I think the final decision on the venue will depend on your priorities.

    First decide what is most important to you. Do u want poolside? Somewhere with nice view or somewhere with good food? Is dependable service impt? Budget etc.

    After you sort out the above, it helps with shortlisting. Next, visit the site (preferably at the time of your intended time of ROM) and decide if u feel at ease with the venue.

    It is also impt to think about the logistics like where u are going to march in, whether u want to AND find out if the management allows u to play music (some hotels have strict policies on use of music / microphones).

    Other minor things to consider includes the perks the hotels promise u. Eg complimentary room, breakfast, guests' favours etc.

    Hope the above helps! :)

  3. Jae Chin says:

    Hi, thanks for sharing. I am searching madly for my solemnization location & weddings banquet too. Same like you, me & my wife to be went around searching for the right location too. Some where in the middle feeling like so stress up & we even have some quarrels because of different views, I even dreamt about it during my sleep. Well, i know this is part of the stage where it will happen to some of the couples Like us, but this is once a lifetime, so i accept the Challenge. :) I'm going to have my ROM done outdoor, and I think what you did is exactly what my wife to be wanted. So I will recommend her this place & see what she says. But I really need your help in sharing on the ROM package they offer on the poolside? What is included? Please share if you do not mind...thanks... :)

  4. nwxiang says:

    Hi thanks for leaving a message. We had our ROM at Mandarin Oriental Singapore. It is best that you approach the hotel itself to ask about the packages as the prices we have been quoted then would have been outdated now. Just drop them a email via their website, they'll respond quite quickly. What we had was to book the outdoor venue and had a small dinner reception after (3 tables). A hotel room was included as part of the package. And yes, disagreements and differing opinions are bound to occur when planning for your big day... but just remember, you two are always in the same team :)

Leave a Reply

Weixiang & Ivy. Powered by Blogger.